- Letter: Villages may not be a money loser after all
- Letter: Save The Villages, be a single-issue voter
- LETTER: Residents won't be well served with for-profit nursing
- LEFFLER: The whole country's gone crazy As you can see, many of Berra's quotable quotes are oxymoronic. Despite what it may sound like, an oxymoron isn't a follower of Billy Mays. It's a rhetorical figure of speech that contradicts itself.
- BALABAN: Recalling a day the world changed.
- LEFFLER: Obama's politics opened up can of worms. President Barack Obama pulled a bit of political genius out of his magic hat when he sought Congressional approval to use military action in Syria, putting the onus on Congress to decide whether we should go all "America" on their … posteriors.
- BUJALSKI: Marine Corps experience is one-of-a-kind
I can clearly see my mistakes
For some reason, God — in his infinite wisdom — made me just shy of perfect. Yes, it’s true. I have faults, but being humble isn’t one of them.
While there are scores of people who would likely disagree, in my opinion, my less-than-20/20 vision ranks right up there amongst my biggest flaws.
There are bobcats in our area
In recent years, local residents have had the chance to witness some interesting animals within our borders. Among those that generated the most press and most talk were the black bears that frequented the area for a couple of months. The beasts elicited either fear or appreciation, depending on one’s perception of bruins. More often than not, the former emotion ruled the day.
Governor needs to stay on point
Last week in the governor’s State of the State address, Cuomo said he’s taking on a new job. He’s going to be an advocate for the kids. In fact, Cuomo went so far as to say that he’s going to be the only advocate that kids have.
- More Opinion Headlines